Automotive By Subject Dictionaries Reference.
The automotive industry is a wide range of companies and organizations involved in the design, development, manufacturing, marketing, and selling of motor vehicles. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The automotive industry is a wide range of companies and organizations involved in the design, development, manufacturing, marketing, and selling of motor vehicles, some of them are called automakers.
- Automotive industry Category
- Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers - The Auto Alliance is a trade group of automobile manufacturers that operate in the United States. It is the leading advocacy group for the auto industry, representing 77% of all car and light truck sales in the United States.
- Automotive industry by country
- Automotive industry in the United States - The automotive industry in the United States began in the 1890s and, as a result of the size of the domestic market and the use of mass-production, rapidly evolved into the largest in the world.
- Big Three (automobile manufacturers) - In the automotive industry of the United States of America, the term Big Three refers to the three major American automotive companies: General Motors, Ford, and Fiat Chrysler. Germany's Big Three are Volkswagen AG, Mercedes-Benz and BMW. Japan's Big Three are Toyota, Nissan, and Honda.
- Motocycle - Motocycle was the word adopted by the United States in the later part of the nineteenth century to indicate the horseless carriage, because it was short and easier to understand than the other possibilities, such as "automobile carriage", "motor carriage", "motor vehicle", or "auto carriage".
- Mass production
- Heavy industry