Algeria Regional Flags Reference.
Coordinates: 28°N 2°E / 28°N 2°E / 28; 2 (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Algeria, officially the People's Democratic Republic of Algeria, is a sovereign state in North Africa on the Mediterranean coast. The capital and most populous city is Algiers, located in the far north of the country. With an area of, Algeria is the tenth-largest country in the world, and the largest in Africa since South Sudan became independent from Sudan in 2011. Algeria is bordered to the northeast by Tunisia, to the east by Libya, to the west by Morocco, to the southwest by the Western Saharan territory, Mauritania, and Mali, to the southeast by Niger, and to the north by the Mediterranean Sea. The country is a semi-presidential republic consisting of 48 provinces and 1,541 communes. Abdelaziz Bouteflika has been President since 1999.
- Algeria Category
- Index of Algeria-related articles
- Outline of Algeria - The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to Algeria: Algeria ? former French colony and the largest country in Africa, located in the Maghreb region of Northwest Africa with Algiers as its capital.
- Member states of OPEC
- G15 nations
- Arab republics
- Member states of the Arab League
- North African countries
- Maghrebi countries
- Arabic-speaking countries and territories
- Member states of the Union for the Mediterranean