Knowledge Management is a discipline that examines information and human understanding, using concepts from education, information technology, cognitive psychology and library science. It is also a strategy aimed at turning an organization's intellectual assets, both recorded information and the talents of its members, into greater productivity, new value, and increased competitiveness. It provides a powerful way of looking at how society organizes itself and uses its intellectual resources and promises a means of humanizing our approach to modern technology, putting the understanding of human intellect and motivation at the center. Knowledge Management Reference.
An established discipline since 1991, KM includes courses taught in the fields of business administration, information systems, management, library, and information sciences. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Knowledge management is the process of creating, sharing, using and managing the knowledge and information of an organisation. It refers to a multidisciplinary approach to achieving organisational objectives by making the best use of knowledge.
- Knowledge management Category
- Archives management - Archives management is the area of management concerned with the maintenance and use of archives. It is concerned with acquisition, care, arrangement, description and retrieval of records once they have been transferred from an organisation to the archival repository.
- Customer knowledge - Customer knowledge is the combination of experience, value and insight information which is needed, created and absorbed during the transaction and exchange between the customers and enterprise.
- Dynamic knowledge repository - The dynamic knowledge repository is a concept developed by Douglas C. Engelbart as a primary strategic focus for allowing humans to address complex problems.
- Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management - The Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management is a peer-reviewed academic journal that contributes to the development of both theory and practice in the field of knowledge management and provides perspectives on topics relevant to the study, implementation, and management of knowledge management.
- Ignorance management - Ignorance management is a knowledge management practice that addresses the concept of ignorance in organizations.
- Information governance - Information governance, or IG, is the management of information at an organization. Information governance balances the use and security of information. Information governance helps with legal compliance, operational transparency, and reducing expenditures associated with legal discovery.
- Information systems
- Business terms
- A Gurteen Knowledge www
A portal that provides forums, Knowledge, weblogs, news feeds, event calendar, book reviews, articles, case studies, resource links, KM who's who listing, and archives. Gurteen Knowledge.
- Philosophy-educated Joe Gollner Papers and Presentations Archive www
Philosophy-educated corporate executive Joe Gollner offers papers on content providers and the agile university, Gollner Papers and Presentations Archive, the anatomy of knowledge, and XML business templates, as well as writings on English literature. Joe Gollner Papers and Presentations Archive.
- Syndication Connotea: Knowledge Management www
Syndication offers links to news and journal articles. Connotea: Knowledge Management.
- Studies Knowledge Management Research Program www
Studies technological and organizational challenges associated with introducing KM into the enterprise and conducts projects which apply and refine theoretical models. Management Research Program. Features publications and projects. Knowledge Management Research Program.
- Global WorldCat www
Global catalog finds more than one billion items and growing, WorldCat, online articles and files as well as books and media in libraries near the searcher's computer location. WorldCat.
- Collective KmWiki www
Collective repository, KmWiki, annotated and cross-linked. Includes an index. KmWiki.
- Forum Knowledge Board www
Forum to establish a community and to support and identify commonality in terminology, Board, application and implementation. Features news, workshops, a library, event schedule and discussion forums. Knowledge Board.
- Virtual The Knowledge Management Forum www
Virtual community of practice focused on furthering fundamental theories, Knowledge Management Forum, methods and practices. Features archives and news. The Knowledge Management Forum.
- Insights InformationR.net www
Insights from University of Sheffield on information management, InformationR.net, science and systems. Includes the international e-journal Information Research, a list of related academic departments and guide to resources. InformationR.net.
- Provides ITtoolbox www
Provides a knowledge network and support environment for the IT industry. ITtoolbox. Features discussion groups, news, newsletters and a job bank. ITtoolbox.
- University Management and Information Systems Research Group www
University of York's research projects in knowledge management, and Information Systems Research Group, communities of practice, systems and globally distributed groups. Features current and potential projects. Management and Information Systems Research Group.
- Comprehensive Wikipedia: Knowledge Management www
Comprehensive article summarizes competing viewpoints, Knowledge Management, and offers a bibliography with hundreds of online and printed sources. Wikipedia: Knowledge Management.
- Firm Edge Training and Consulting www
Firm in Vancouver, Training and Consulting, BC that uses Knowledge Management principles to enhance service. Offers an overview of the company, testimonials, career opportunities, and contact details. Edge Training and Consulting.
- Produces SmartAnalyst www
Produces knowledge maps for corporate clients. SmartAnalyst. Offers a sample knowledge map, contact details, an overview of services, and information on the company. SmartAnalyst.
- Results McKnow www
Results of research projects designed to develop automated and user-oriented methods and algorithms. McKnow. Features searchable database of project summaries, research teams and contact details. [English and Dutch]. McKnow.
- Presents Knowledge Communication www
Presents research on knowledge communication between experts and decision makers in the realm of management and it contains background material and further references. Knowledge Communication.
- Organization DesignWorlds for Learning www
Organization that works with schools, for Learning, homes, and corporations to create virtual design communities for learning. Features articles, project examples, news, and contact information. DesignWorlds for Learning.
- This Open University Business School www
This module can be taken as part of an MBA or individually. University Business School. Managing knowledge takes a broad view of the subject, covering communications, sense making, information management, intellectual capital measurement, intellectual property, intangible assets, learning, knowledge creation and innovation, human resources for innovation and building knowledge management capability. Open University Business School.
- UK TFPL KnowledgeRecruit www
UK firm helps clients recruit knowledge executives and KM teams on a permanent, KnowledgeRecruit, interim and contract basis. Features candidate profiles, job profiles and salary advice. TFPL KnowledgeRecruit.
- Lists Web Design References: Information Architecture www
Lists of links on the topic of information architecture. Design References: Information Architecture. Includes articles by knowledgeable authors, as well as the expected links to major organizations and resources. Web Design References: Information Architecture.
- A Dynamic Diagrams www
A group of information architects, Diagrams, visual designers, and Web designers. Consultants in information architecture for Web sites. Dynamic Diagrams.
- Alexa: Knowledge Management Reference
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Knowledge Management Reference
- DMOZ: Knowledge Management Reference
dmoz.org Directory: Knowledge Management Reference