Knowledge Management is a discipline that examines information and human understanding, using concepts from education, information technology, cognitive psychology and library science. It is also a strategy aimed at turning an organization's intellectual assets, both recorded information and the talents of its members, into greater productivity, new value, and increased competitiveness. It provides a powerful way of looking at how society organizes itself and uses its intellectual resources and promises a means of humanizing our approach to modern technology, putting the understanding of human intellect and motivation at the center. Knowledge Management Reference.
An established discipline since 1991, KM includes courses taught in the fields of business administration, information systems, management, library, and information sciences. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Knowledge management is the process of creating, sharing, using and managing the knowledge and information of an organisation. It refers to a multidisciplinary approach to achieving organisational objectives by making the best use of knowledge.
- Knowledge management Category
- Customer knowledge - Customer knowledge is the combination of experience, value and insight information which is needed, created and absorbed during the transaction and exchange between the customers and enterprise.
- Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management - The Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management is a peer-reviewed academic journal that contributes to the development of both theory and practice in the field of knowledge management and provides perspectives on topics relevant to the study, implementation, and management of knowledge management.
- Ignorance management - Ignorance management is a knowledge management practice that addresses the concept of ignorance in organizations.
- Information management - Information management concerns a cycle of organizational activity: the acquisition of information from one or more sources, the custodianship and the distribution of that information to those who need it, and its ultimate disposition through archiving or deletion.
- Information governance - Information governance, or IG, is the management of information at an organization. Information governance balances the use and security of information. Information governance helps with legal compliance, operational transparency, and reducing expenditures associated with legal discovery.
- Journal of Knowledge Management - The Journal of Knowledge Management is an interdisciplinary peer-reviewed quarterly academic journal publishing original research, technical discussions, and case studies on knowledge management. It is indexed in Library and Information Science Abstracts, Inspec, and Scopus.
- Information systems
- Business terms
- Studies Knowledge Management Research Program www
Studies technological and organizational challenges associated with introducing KM into the enterprise and conducts projects which apply and refine theoretical models. Management Research Program. Features publications and projects. Knowledge Management Research Program.
- Comprehensive Wikipedia: Knowledge Management www
Comprehensive article summarizes competing viewpoints, Knowledge Management, and offers a bibliography with hundreds of online and printed sources. Wikipedia: Knowledge Management.
- A Gurteen Knowledge www
A portal that provides forums, Knowledge, weblogs, news feeds, event calendar, book reviews, articles, case studies, resource links, KM who's who listing, and archives. Gurteen Knowledge.
- Insights InformationR.net www
Insights from University of Sheffield on information management, InformationR.net, science and systems. Includes the international e-journal Information Research, a list of related academic departments and guide to resources. InformationR.net.
- Global WorldCat www
Global catalog finds more than one billion items and growing, WorldCat, online articles and files as well as books and media in libraries near the searcher's computer location. WorldCat.
- University Management and Information Systems Research Group www
University of York's research projects in knowledge management, and Information Systems Research Group, communities of practice, systems and globally distributed groups. Features current and potential projects. Management and Information Systems Research Group.
- Provides ITtoolbox www
Provides a knowledge network and support environment for the IT industry. ITtoolbox. Features discussion groups, news, newsletters and a job bank. ITtoolbox.
- Philosophy-educated Joe Gollner Papers and Presentations Archive www
Philosophy-educated corporate executive Joe Gollner offers papers on content providers and the agile university, Gollner Papers and Presentations Archive, the anatomy of knowledge, and XML business templates, as well as writings on English literature. Joe Gollner Papers and Presentations Archive.
- Virtual The Knowledge Management Forum www
Virtual community of practice focused on furthering fundamental theories, Knowledge Management Forum, methods and practices. Features archives and news. The Knowledge Management Forum.
- Forum Knowledge Board www
Forum to establish a community and to support and identify commonality in terminology, Board, application and implementation. Features news, workshops, a library, event schedule and discussion forums. Knowledge Board.
- Syndication Connotea: Knowledge Management www
Syndication offers links to news and journal articles. Connotea: Knowledge Management.
- Collective KmWiki www
Collective repository, KmWiki, annotated and cross-linked. Includes an index. KmWiki.
- Australian-based Knowledgepoint Pty Ltd. www
Australian-based consulting firm and their resource centre which contains articles and information on conferences and industry news related to intellectual capital, Pty Ltd., customer capital and business intelligence. Knowledgepoint Pty Ltd..
- Offers Quinnet BV www
Offers consulting services related to eLearning, BV, knowledge management, innovation management, product development and venture capital business development. Amsterdam, Netherlands based. Quinnet BV.
- Results McKnow www
Results of research projects designed to develop automated and user-oriented methods and algorithms. McKnow. Features searchable database of project summaries, research teams and contact details. [English and Dutch]. McKnow.
- Presents Knowledge Communication www
Presents research on knowledge communication between experts and decision makers in the realm of management and it contains background material and further references. Knowledge Communication.
- Two Post Graduate Program in Knowledge Management www
Two semesters. Graduate Program in Knowledge Management. Donau University, Krems, Austria. Post Graduate Program in Knowledge Management.
- Rapid Princeton Center www
Rapid courseware development capabilities that revolutionize the process of transforming information from documentation directly to training and electronic reference. Princeton Center.
- UK TFPL KnowledgeRecruit www
UK firm helps clients recruit knowledge executives and KM teams on a permanent, KnowledgeRecruit, interim and contract basis. Features candidate profiles, job profiles and salary advice. TFPL KnowledgeRecruit.
- User UE Architect www
User experience design for web sites. Architect. Strategy, information architecture, interaction design, usability. Features services, portfolio, clients, resume and contact information. UE Architect.
- Chicago Amichi www
Chicago based firm that specializes in metadata creation and interface design. Amichi. Offers company profile, description of services and testimonials. Amichi.
- Alexa: Knowledge Management Reference
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Knowledge Management Reference
- DMOZ: Knowledge Management Reference
dmoz.org Directory: Knowledge Management Reference