This section contains sites dedicated to Semantic Web activity, community, research, events and tools. The Semantic Web is a vision: the idea of having data on the web defined and linked in a way that it can be used by machines - not just for display purposes, but for using it in various applications. Semantic Web Knowledge Representation Knowledge Management Reference.
The Semantic Web is an extension of the Web through standards by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The Semantic Web is an extension of the World Wide Web through standards by the World Wide Web Consortium. The standards promote common data formats and exchange protocols on the Web, most fundamentally the Resource Description Framework. According to the W3C, "The Semantic Web provides a common framework that allows data to be shared and reused across application, enterprise, and community boundaries". The Semantic Web is therefore regarded as an integrator across different content, information applications and systems.
- Semantic Web Category
- AGRIS - AGRIS is a global public domain database with more than 8 million structured bibliographical records on agricultural science and technology. The database is maintained by CIARD, and its content is provided by more than 150 participating institutions from 65 countries.
- Business semantics management - Business Semantics Management encompasses the technology, methodology, organization, and culture that brings business stakeholders together to collaboratively realize the reconciliation of their heterogeneous metadata; and consequently the application of the derived business semantics patterns to...
- Computational semantics - Computational semantics is the study of how to automate the process of constructing and reasoning with meaning representations of natural language expressions. It consequently plays an important role in natural language processing and computational linguistics.
- Calais (Reuters product) - Calais is a service by Thomson Reuters that automatically extracts semantic information from web pages in a format that can be used on the semantic web. Calais was launched in January 2008, and is free to use.
- Conceptual interoperability - Conceptual interoperability is a concept in simulation theory. However, it is broadly applicable for other model-based information technology domains.
- DBpedia - DBpedia is a project aiming to extract structured content from the information created in the Wikipedia project. This structured information is made available on the World Wide Web.
- Knowledge engineering
- Web services
- Emerging technologies
- Social Strands www
Social recommendation and personalization technology for retail and media websites. Strands.
- A Ontoba www
A consultancy specialising in digital media technical strategy with a focus on semantic web publishing architecture, Ontoba, ontology modelling and text analysis for semantic annotation. Ontoba.
- Paper TOOL: The Open Opinion Layer www
Paper exploring the development of a distributed open opinion architecture. TOOL: The Open Opinion Layer.
- Tools ILRT Semantic Web Research Group www
Tools for storage and query of structured data and applications for digital libraries and project management. Semantic Web Research Group. From the Institute for Learning and Research Technology at the University of Bristol. ILRT Semantic Web Research Group.
- Blog Semantics Incorporated www
Blog on Semantic technologies and their business application Semantics Incorporated.
- A SSWAP www
A semantic search engine for biological knowledge by the University of Arizona. SSWAP.
- Provides Semantic Arts www
Provides consulting and modeling for architectural design employing Semantic Technology in the creation of large enterprise ontologies. Semantic Arts.
- Offers The Semantic Web: A Primer www
Offers an introduction and discusses technologies and developments. Semantic Web: A Primer. By Edd Dumbill, published in O'Reilly XML.com. The Semantic Web: A Primer.
- A cwm www
A general purpose data processor written in Python. cwm. Core language is RDF, extended to include rules, using RDF/XML or RDF/N3 serializations as required. cwm.
- Live Annotea Project www
Live early adoption and demonstration project enhancing the W3C collaboration environment with shared annotations. Annotea Project.
- Aims STI International www
Aims to establish Semantics as a core pillar of modern computer engineering. STI International.
- Lengthy The Semantic Web www
Lengthy descriptive Scientific American article by Tim Berners-Lee, Semantic Web, James Hendler and Ora Lassila. The Semantic Web.
- An Ontology Online www
- URIQA URI Query Agent Model www
URIQA proposes an extension to the HTTP web architecture used to indicate to a web server that it should resolve the specified URI in terms of knowledge about the resource denoted by that URI rather than in terms of a representation of the resource. Query Agent Model. Offers an additional Semantic Web Service Interface. URI Query Agent Model.
- Distributed Higher Order Logic Semantic Framework www
Distributed higher order logic inferencing store and framework for the Semantic Web (Web 3. Order Logic Semantic Framework.0) implemented in Python and released as Open Source. Higher Order Logic Semantic Framework.
- A SemDis - Discovering Complex Relationships in Semantic Web www
A research project focused on design, Discovering Complex Relationships in Semantic Web, prototyping and evaluation of a system that supports indexing and querying complex semantic relationships from the Web. SemDis - Discovering Complex Relationships in Semantic Web.
- News SemanticWeb.com www
News and analysis related to the Semantic Web. SemanticWeb.com. Focus on the transition from academia to mainstream consumer, business and government use. SemanticWeb.com.
- Connects GNOSS www
Connects people and communities by with semantic technology. GNOSS. It enables to share and distribute knowledge. GNOSS.
- Article The Semantic Web Lifts Off www
Article on W3C's Semantic Web activity. The Semantic Web Lifts Off.
- Comparison Conceptual Graphs and SWeb www
Comparison of Conceptual Graphs as a logic layer to RDF. Conceptual Graphs and SWeb.
- A Faviki www
A social bookmarking tool which allows people to tag webpages with Wikipedia terms. Faviki.
- About eyePlorer.com www
About a flash application that provides immediate access to facts. eyePlorer.com. It visualizes information and helpsdiscover relations. Furthermore, it allows to collect interesting bits of information. eyePlorer.com.
- This Semantic Interoperability Centre Europe www
This is an initiative by the European Commission to support the data exchange of pan-European eGovernment projects. Interoperability Centre Europe. It features a repository for semantic interoperability assets that are open for reuse in other projects, e.g. XML schema or multi-lingual taxonomies. Semantic Interoperability Centre Europe.
- Article The Future of the Semantic Web www
Article on the semantic web and its significance for the scientific community by Dr. Future of the Semantic Web. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). The Future of the Semantic Web.
- An The Semantic Web: 1-2-3 www
An XML hacker discusses XML, Semantic Web: 1-2-3, RDF and the Semantic Web. Features links to other resources. The Semantic Web: 1-2-3.
- Semantic OpenSHORE.org www
Semantic Hypertext Object Repository. OpenSHORE.org. A repository with a free definable meta model where structured documents can be imported after parsing and transforming into XML. OpenSHORE.org.
- Even Building a Semantic Web Site www
Even though the Semantic Web may yet seem a remote dream, Semantic Web Site, there are already tools one can use to make a tiny step forward by building "semantic web sites," which can be much easier to navigate than ordinary sites. Building a Semantic Web Site.
- Offers sig.ma - Semantic Information MAshup www
Offers live, Semantic Information MAshup, embeddable information summaries from sites which use RDF, RDFa or Microformats. sig.ma - Semantic Information MAshup.
- Daily Big Fractal Tangle www
Daily reflections on the ongoing evolution of the Semantic Web. Big Fractal Tangle.
- A Comments on the social graph www
A blog about digital advertising, the social graph, cloud computing, social networks, collective intelligence, the semantic web, and the transition between our analogue past and digital future Comments on the social graph.
- Blog Web mining blog www
Blog about web mining. mining blog. Contains all levels articles about web mining and web knowledge exploration. Source of ideas and research results. Web mining blog.
- Offers Linked Data Tools www
Offers Semantic Web tools for download, Data Tools, including: Jena .NET, RDF Buddy and Triple Machine. Linked Data Tools.
- A Semantic Web Science Association www
A non-profit organisation incorporated in Karlsruhe, Web Science Association, Germany for the purpose of promoting and exchanging scholarly work in Semantic Web and related fields throughout the world. Semantic Web Science Association.
- Provide Jeff Heflin's Publications www
Provide abstracts of downloadable technical papers on various Semantic Web topics like Dynamic Ontologies and Semantic Interoperability. Jeff Heflin's Publications.
- People Semantic Web Research Group www
People from the Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab working on the Semantic Web. Semantic Web Research Group.
- Framework Inference Web www
Framework for explaining Semantic Web tasks by storing, Web, exchanging, combining, annotating, comparing and rendering proofs fragments provided by engines embedded in Semantic Web applications. Inference Web.
- A IsaViz Overview www
A visual authoring tool for RDF. IsaViz Overview.
- Experiment Semantic Web In One Day www
Experiment in applying and assembling existing Semantic Web technologies in one day. Semantic Web In One Day.
- European SEKT Project www
European project on developing Semantically Enabled Knowledge Technologies. SEKT Project.
- Works HP Labs Semantic Web Research www
Works to further the vision through research, Labs Semantic Web Research, development and internal promotion. Features technology, tools, resources and contact information. HP Labs Semantic Web Research.
- A Gnowsis www
A framework for a personal semantic desktop system. Gnowsis.
- Paper Concept Search www
Paper discusses how syntactic (keyword-based) search can be extended to semantic (concept-based) search while preserving efficient retrieval models and data structures of the syntactic search. Concept Search.
- The Semantic Web www
The Business Special Interest Group provides a survey of companies, Web, technologies and products likely to support Semantic Web projects. Semantic Web.
- A Semantic Weblog www
A weblog about PhD research on Semantic Web services and multiagent systems. Semantic Weblog.
- Survey Practical Knowledge Representation for the Web www
Survey and analysis of traditional, Knowledge Representation for the Web, new, and arising Web standards and how they can be used to represent machine-processable semantics of Web sources. Practical Knowledge Representation for the Web.
- Discusses The Semantic Web: It's Whom You Know www
Discusses the problems with current notions, Semantic Web: It's Whom You Know, popularity ranking and collaborative filtering and suggests next steps. By Andy Oram, published in O'Reilly Network. The Semantic Web: It's Whom You Know.
- Homepage Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies www
Homepage of a Semantic Web textbook, Semantic Web Technologies, featuring free slide sets of tutorials on semantic technologies. Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies.
- Provides Semantic Web Company www
Provides companies, Web Company, institutions and organizations with professional services related to the Semantic Web. [A-1160 Wien] Semantic Web Company.
- Online Semantic Web Journal www
Online Journal on Semantic Web research. Web Journal. Listed in the ACM Digital Library. Semantic Web Journal.
- Provides Semantic Web Serbia www
Provides reviews, Web Serbia, news, case studies on Semantic Web technology. Presents the history, definitions, categories and applications. Semantic Web Serbia.
- Will K-CAP 2011: 6th International Conference on Knowledge Capture www
Will be held 25 - 29 June 2011 in Banff, 2011: 6th International Conference on Knowledge Capture, Alberta, Canada. K-CAP 2011: 6th International Conference on Knowledge Capture.
- Will LDOW2011 Linked Data on the Web Workshop www
Will be held 28th - 29th March 2011 at WWW2011, Linked Data on the Web Workshop, in Hyderabad, India. LDOW2011 Linked Data on the Web Workshop.
- Provides ML Metadata www
Provides an introduction and internet resources on metadata for the small library. ML Metadata.
- Cory Metacrap www
Cory Doctorow's seven arguments against metadata. Metacrap.
- Aims Tockit Project www
Aims to create a framework for conceptual knowledge processing in terms of social structures and a common code base. Project. Features software description and contact details. Tockit Project.
- Charitable KR, Inc. www
Charitable organization concerned with fostering research and communication on knowledge representation and reasoning. Inc.. Features conferences, educational materials and mailing lists. KR, Inc..
- Alexa: Semantic Web Knowledge Representation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Semantic Web Knowledge Representation
- DMOZ: Semantic Web Knowledge Representation
dmoz.org Directory: Semantic Web Knowledge Representation