This section contains sites dedicated to Semantic Web activity, community, research, events and tools. The Semantic Web is a vision: the idea of having data on the web defined and linked in a way that it can be used by machines - not just for display purposes, but for using it in various applications. Semantic Web Knowledge Representation Knowledge Management Reference.
The Semantic Web is an extension of the Web through standards by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The Semantic Web is an extension of the World Wide Web through standards by the World Wide Web Consortium. The standards promote common data formats and exchange protocols on the Web, most fundamentally the Resource Description Framework.
- Semantic Web Category
- AGRIS - AGRIS is a global public domain database with more than 8 million structured bibliographical records on agricultural science and technology. The database is maintained by CIARD, and its content is provided by more than 150 participating institutions from 65 countries.
- Business semantics management - Business Semantics Management encompasses the technology, methodology, organization, and culture that brings business stakeholders together to collaboratively realize the reconciliation of their heterogeneous metadata; and consequently the application of the derived business semantics patterns to...
- Computational semantics - Computational semantics is the study of how to automate the process of constructing and reasoning with meaning representations of natural language expressions. It consequently plays an important role in natural language processing and computational linguistics.
- Calais (Reuters product) - Calais is a service by Thomson Reuters that automatically extracts semantic information from web pages in a format that can be used on the semantic web. Calais was launched in January 2008, and is free to use.
- Conceptual interoperability - Conceptual interoperability is a concept in simulation theory.
- DBpedia - DBpedia is a project aiming to extract structured content from the information created in the Wikipedia project. This structured information is made available on the World Wide Web.
- Knowledge engineering
- Web services
- Emerging technologies
- A Semantic Weblog www
A weblog about PhD research on Semantic Web services and multiagent systems. Semantic Weblog.
- Blog Web mining blog www
Blog about web mining. mining blog. Contains all levels articles about web mining and web knowledge exploration. Source of ideas and research results. Web mining blog.
- Works HP Labs Semantic Web Research www
Works to further the vision through research, Labs Semantic Web Research, development and internal promotion. Features technology, tools, resources and contact information. HP Labs Semantic Web Research.
- Provides Semantic Arts www
Provides consulting and modeling for architectural design employing Semantic Technology in the creation of large enterprise ontologies. Semantic Arts.
- An The Semantic Web: 1-2-3 www
An XML hacker discusses XML, Semantic Web: 1-2-3, RDF and the Semantic Web. Features links to other resources. The Semantic Web: 1-2-3.
- Uses Platypus Wiki www
Uses RDF, Wiki, RDF Schema, and OWL to create ontologies and manage metadata. Platypus Wiki.
- A Disco - Hyperdata Browser www
A simple browser for navigating the Semantic Web. Hyperdata Browser. The browser renders all information, that it can find on the Semantic Web about a specific resource, as an HTML page. Disco - Hyperdata Browser.
- Offers sig.ma - Semantic Information MAshup www
Offers live, Semantic Information MAshup, embeddable information summaries from sites which use RDF, RDFa or Microformats. sig.ma - Semantic Information MAshup.
- A Faviki www
A social bookmarking tool which allows people to tag webpages with Wikipedia terms. Faviki.
- Live Annotea Project www
Live early adoption and demonstration project enhancing the W3C collaboration environment with shared annotations. Annotea Project.
- Article The Future of the Semantic Web www
Article on the semantic web and its significance for the scientific community by Dr. Future of the Semantic Web. Albert Benschop (University of Amsterdam). The Future of the Semantic Web.
- Website Ontoolsearch Website www
Website of a Semantic Web application (Ontoolsearch) that makes use of ontologies for searching software tools in the learning domain. Ontoolsearch Website.
- Discusses The Semantic Web: It's Whom You Know www
Discusses the problems with current notions, Semantic Web: It's Whom You Know, popularity ranking and collaborative filtering and suggests next steps. By Andy Oram, published in O'Reilly Network. The Semantic Web: It's Whom You Know.
- Blog Semantics Incorporated www
Blog on Semantic technologies and their business application Semantics Incorporated.
- News SemanticWeb.com www
News and analysis related to the Semantic Web. SemanticWeb.com. Focus on the transition from academia to mainstream consumer, business and government use. SemanticWeb.com.
- A Gnowsis www
A framework for a personal semantic desktop system. Gnowsis.
- The W3C Semantic Web Activity Statement www
The W3C Semantic Web Activity has been established to serve a leadership role, Semantic Web Activity Statement, in both the design of specifications and the open, collaborative development of technology for the Semantic Web. W3C Semantic Web Activity Statement.
- URIQA URI Query Agent Model www
URIQA proposes an extension to the HTTP web architecture used to indicate to a web server that it should resolve the specified URI in terms of knowledge about the resource denoted by that URI rather than in terms of a representation of the resource. Query Agent Model. Offers an additional Semantic Web Service Interface. URI Query Agent Model.
- Paper TOOL: The Open Opinion Layer www
Paper exploring the development of a distributed open opinion architecture. TOOL: The Open Opinion Layer.
- Collaborative OntoWare www
Collaborative project management and development environment for the Semantic Web OntoWare.
- Social Strands www
Social recommendation and personalization technology for retail and media websites. Strands.
- An Ontology Online www
- Explores Semantic Patterns Language www
Explores Universal Semantic Code to help create applications for Semantic WEB. Semantic Patterns Language.
- A SSWAP www
A semantic search engine for biological knowledge by the University of Arizona. SSWAP.
- A SemDis - Discovering Complex Relationships in Semantic Web www
A research project focused on design, Discovering Complex Relationships in Semantic Web, prototyping and evaluation of a system that supports indexing and querying complex semantic relationships from the Web. SemDis - Discovering Complex Relationships in Semantic Web.
- Paper Concept Search www
Paper discusses how syntactic (keyword-based) search can be extended to semantic (concept-based) search while preserving efficient retrieval models and data structures of the syntactic search. Concept Search.
- Article The Semantic Web Lifts Off www
Article on W3C's Semantic Web activity. The Semantic Web Lifts Off.
- European SEKT Project www
European project on developing Semantically Enabled Knowledge Technologies. SEKT Project.
- A cwm www
A general purpose data processor written in Python. cwm. Core language is RDF, extended to include rules, using RDF/XML or RDF/N3 serializations as required. cwm.
- People Semantic Web Research Group www
People from the Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab working on the Semantic Web. Semantic Web Research Group.
- Tools ILRT Semantic Web Research Group www
Tools for storage and query of structured data and applications for digital libraries and project management. Semantic Web Research Group. From the Institute for Learning and Research Technology at the University of Bristol. ILRT Semantic Web Research Group.
- Connects GNOSS www
Connects people and communities by with semantic technology. GNOSS. It enables to share and distribute knowledge. GNOSS.
- A Semantic Focus www
A blog and community about the Semantic Web, Focus, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, and related topics. Semantic Focus.
- Provide Jeff Heflin's Publications www
Provide abstracts of downloadable technical papers on various Semantic Web topics like Dynamic Ontologies and Semantic Interoperability. Jeff Heflin's Publications.
- Semantic OpenSHORE.org www
Semantic Hypertext Object Repository. OpenSHORE.org. A repository with a free definable meta model where structured documents can be imported after parsing and transforming into XML. OpenSHORE.org.
- Company TopQuadrant www
Company that providing consulting and tools for architectural design and implementation of Semantic Technology Solutions with an emphasis on Ontology Engineering. TopQuadrant.
- Lengthy The Semantic Web www
Lengthy descriptive Scientific American article by Tim Berners-Lee, Semantic Web, James Hendler and Ora Lassila. The Semantic Web.
- About eyePlorer.com www
About a flash application that provides immediate access to facts. eyePlorer.com. It visualizes information and helpsdiscover relations. Furthermore, it allows to collect interesting bits of information. eyePlorer.com.
- Provides Semantic Web Serbia www
Provides reviews, Web Serbia, news, case studies on Semantic Web technology. Presents the history, definitions, categories and applications. Semantic Web Serbia.
- Even Building a Semantic Web Site www
Even though the Semantic Web may yet seem a remote dream, Semantic Web Site, there are already tools one can use to make a tiny step forward by building "semantic web sites," which can be much easier to navigate than ordinary sites. Building a Semantic Web Site.
- The Weaving the Web www
The original design and ultimate destiny of the World Wide Web, the Web, by its inventor, Tim Berners-Lee. Features a linked glossary, a time line, errata and an excerpt from Chapter 1. Weaving the Web.
- Offers The Semantic Web: A Primer www
Offers an introduction and discusses technologies and developments. Semantic Web: A Primer. By Edd Dumbill, published in O'Reilly XML.com. The Semantic Web: A Primer.
- Homepage Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies www
Homepage of a Semantic Web textbook, Semantic Web Technologies, featuring free slide sets of tutorials on semantic technologies. Foundations of Semantic Web Technologies.
- Daily Big Fractal Tangle www
Daily reflections on the ongoing evolution of the Semantic Web. Big Fractal Tangle.
- Tools ICS-FORTH RDFSuite: High-level Scalable Tools for the Semantic Web www
Tools for managing voluminous RDF description bases. ICS-FORTH RDFSuite: High-level Scalable Tools for the Semantic Web.
- Survey Practical Knowledge Representation for the Web www
Survey and analysis of traditional, Knowledge Representation for the Web, new, and arising Web standards and how they can be used to represent machine-processable semantics of Web sources. Practical Knowledge Representation for the Web.
- SUPER SUPER Integrated Project. www
SUPER (Semantics Utilised for Process Management within and between Enterprises) offers ontology tools for download and has PHD programms. SUPER Integrated Project..
- An Semantic Web Roadmap www
An attempt to give a high-level plan of the architecture by Tim Berners-Lee. Semantic Web Roadmap.
- Comparison Conceptual Graphs and SWeb www
Comparison of Conceptual Graphs as a logic layer to RDF. Conceptual Graphs and SWeb.
- A IsaViz Overview www
A visual authoring tool for RDF. IsaViz Overview.
- The ISWC 2011: The 10th International Semantic Web Conference www
The conference will be held from October 23-27 2011 in Koblenz, 2011: The 10th International Semantic Web Conference, Germany. ISWC 2011: The 10th International Semantic Web Conference.
- Was ASWC 2009: 4th Annual Asian Semantic Web Conference www
Was held in Shanghai from the 7th to 9th of December 2009. ASWC 2009: 4th Annual Asian Semantic Web Conference.
- An MetaMap www
An annotated Scalable Vector Graphic showing metadata standards, MetaMap, sets, and initiatives. MetaMap.
- Describes FASTER www
Describes a metadata project focused on creating an easy-to-use and flexible tool for access to official and other statistical data. FASTER.
- Charitable KR, Inc. www
Charitable organization concerned with fostering research and communication on knowledge representation and reasoning. Inc.. Features conferences, educational materials and mailing lists. KR, Inc..
- A WebKB www
A set of tools using Conceptual Graphs formalism for building and documentation of knowledge bases, WebKB, indexing or connecting elements of WWW-accessible documents. WebKB.
- Alexa: Semantic Web Knowledge Representation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Semantic Web Knowledge Representation
- DMOZ: Semantic Web Knowledge Representation
dmoz.org Directory: Semantic Web Knowledge Representation