This section contains sites dedicated to Semantic Web activity, community, research, events and tools. The Semantic Web is a vision: the idea of having data on the web defined and linked in a way that it can be used by machines - not just for display purposes, but for using it in various applications. Semantic Web Knowledge Representation Knowledge Management Reference.
The Semantic Web is an extension of the Web through standards by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: The Semantic Web is an extension of the World Wide Web through standards by the World Wide Web Consortium. The standards promote common data formats and exchange protocols on the Web, most fundamentally the Resource Description Framework. According to the W3C, "The Semantic Web provides a common framework that allows data to be shared and reused across application, enterprise, and community boundaries". The Semantic Web is therefore regarded as an integrator across different content, information applications and systems.
- Semantic Web Category
- AGRIS - AGRIS is a global public domain database with more than 8 million structured bibliographical records on agricultural science and technology. The database is maintained by CIARD, and its content is provided by more than 150 participating institutions from 65 countries.
- Business semantics management - Business Semantics Management encompasses the technology, methodology, organization, and culture that brings business stakeholders together to collaboratively realize the reconciliation of their heterogeneous metadata; and consequently the application of the derived business semantics patterns to...
- Computational semantics - Computational semantics is the study of how to automate the process of constructing and reasoning with meaning representations of natural language expressions. It consequently plays an important role in natural language processing and computational linguistics.
- Calais (Reuters product) - Calais is a service by Thomson Reuters that automatically extracts semantic information from web pages in a format that can be used on the semantic web. Calais was launched in January 2008, and is free to use.
- Conceptual interoperability - Conceptual interoperability is a concept in simulation theory. However, it is broadly applicable for other model-based information technology domains.
- DBpedia - DBpedia is a project aiming to extract structured content from the information created in the Wikipedia project. This structured information is made available on the World Wide Web.
- Knowledge engineering
- Web services
- Emerging technologies
- A Ontoba www
A consultancy specialising in digital media technical strategy with a focus on semantic web publishing architecture, Ontoba, ontology modelling and text analysis for semantic annotation. Ontoba.
- A SemDis - Discovering Complex Relationships in Semantic Web www
A research project focused on design, Discovering Complex Relationships in Semantic Web, prototyping and evaluation of a system that supports indexing and querying complex semantic relationships from the Web. SemDis - Discovering Complex Relationships in Semantic Web.
- Company TopQuadrant www
Company that providing consulting and tools for architectural design and implementation of Semantic Technology Solutions with an emphasis on Ontology Engineering. TopQuadrant.
- Provide Jeff Heflin's Publications www
Provide abstracts of downloadable technical papers on various Semantic Web topics like Dynamic Ontologies and Semantic Interoperability. Jeff Heflin's Publications.
- Social Strands www
Social recommendation and personalization technology for retail and media websites. Strands.
- Online Semantic Web Journal www
Online Journal on Semantic Web research. Web Journal. Listed in the ACM Digital Library. Semantic Web Journal.
- Uses Platypus Wiki www
Uses RDF, Wiki, RDF Schema, and OWL to create ontologies and manage metadata. Platypus Wiki.
- The Semantic Web www
The Business Special Interest Group provides a survey of companies, Web, technologies and products likely to support Semantic Web projects. Semantic Web.
- Distributed Higher Order Logic Semantic Framework www
Distributed higher order logic inferencing store and framework for the Semantic Web (Web 3. Order Logic Semantic Framework.0) implemented in Python and released as Open Source. Higher Order Logic Semantic Framework.
- Explores Semantic Patterns Language www
Explores Universal Semantic Code to help create applications for Semantic WEB. Semantic Patterns Language.
- Provides Semantic Arts www
Provides consulting and modeling for architectural design employing Semantic Technology in the creation of large enterprise ontologies. Semantic Arts.
- A Semantic Web Science Association www
A non-profit organisation incorporated in Karlsruhe, Web Science Association, Germany for the purpose of promoting and exchanging scholarly work in Semantic Web and related fields throughout the world. Semantic Web Science Association.
- Paper Concept Search www
Paper discusses how syntactic (keyword-based) search can be extended to semantic (concept-based) search while preserving efficient retrieval models and data structures of the syntactic search. Concept Search.
- Connects GNOSS www
Connects people and communities by with semantic technology. GNOSS. It enables to share and distribute knowledge. GNOSS.
- Discusses The Semantic Web: It's Whom You Know www
Discusses the problems with current notions, Semantic Web: It's Whom You Know, popularity ranking and collaborative filtering and suggests next steps. By Andy Oram, published in O'Reilly Network. The Semantic Web: It's Whom You Know.
- European SEKT Project www
European project on developing Semantically Enabled Knowledge Technologies. SEKT Project.
- A The Cognitive Web www
A human-centric web architecture comprised of semantic markup and fuzzy logics. The Cognitive Web.
- About eyePlorer.com www
About a flash application that provides immediate access to facts. eyePlorer.com. It visualizes information and helpsdiscover relations. Furthermore, it allows to collect interesting bits of information. eyePlorer.com.
- A Semantic Weblog www
A weblog about PhD research on Semantic Web services and multiagent systems. Semantic Weblog.
- URIQA URI Query Agent Model www
URIQA proposes an extension to the HTTP web architecture used to indicate to a web server that it should resolve the specified URI in terms of knowledge about the resource denoted by that URI rather than in terms of a representation of the resource. Query Agent Model. Offers an additional Semantic Web Service Interface. URI Query Agent Model.
- The Weaving the Web www
The original design and ultimate destiny of the World Wide Web, the Web, by its inventor, Tim Berners-Lee. Features a linked glossary, a time line, errata and an excerpt from Chapter 1. Weaving the Web.
- Blog Web mining blog www
Blog about web mining. mining blog. Contains all levels articles about web mining and web knowledge exploration. Source of ideas and research results. Web mining blog.
- Provides Semantic Web Serbia www
Provides reviews, Web Serbia, news, case studies on Semantic Web technology. Presents the history, definitions, categories and applications. Semantic Web Serbia.
- Paper TOOL: The Open Opinion Layer www
Paper exploring the development of a distributed open opinion architecture. TOOL: The Open Opinion Layer.
- The W3C Semantic Web Activity Statement www
The W3C Semantic Web Activity has been established to serve a leadership role, Semantic Web Activity Statement, in both the design of specifications and the open, collaborative development of technology for the Semantic Web. W3C Semantic Web Activity Statement.
- Offers The Semantic Web: A Primer www
Offers an introduction and discusses technologies and developments. Semantic Web: A Primer. By Edd Dumbill, published in O'Reilly XML.com. The Semantic Web: A Primer.
- Experiment Semantic Web In One Day www
Experiment in applying and assembling existing Semantic Web technologies in one day. Semantic Web In One Day.
- Provides Semantic Web Company www
Provides companies, Web Company, institutions and organizations with professional services related to the Semantic Web. [A-1160 Wien] Semantic Web Company.
- Prescient Prescient Software www
Prescient Software provides bespoke semantic web software and knowledge management tools to a range of business users. Prescient Software.
- A IsaViz Overview www
A visual authoring tool for RDF. IsaViz Overview.
- A Euler Proof Mechanism www
A backward-chaining reasoner based on RDF and OWL, Proof Mechanism, using resolution inference mechanism and following Euler paths. Euler Proof Mechanism.
- SUPER SUPER Integrated Project. www
SUPER (Semantics Utilised for Process Management within and between Enterprises) offers ontology tools for download and has PHD programms. SUPER Integrated Project..
- Aims STI International www
Aims to establish Semantics as a core pillar of modern computer engineering. STI International.
- Collaborative OntoWare www
Collaborative project management and development environment for the Semantic Web OntoWare.
- An The Semantic Web: 1-2-3 www
An XML hacker discusses XML, Semantic Web: 1-2-3, RDF and the Semantic Web. Features links to other resources. The Semantic Web: 1-2-3.
- Tools ILRT Semantic Web Research Group www
Tools for storage and query of structured data and applications for digital libraries and project management. Semantic Web Research Group. From the Institute for Learning and Research Technology at the University of Bristol. ILRT Semantic Web Research Group.
- Framework Inference Web www
Framework for explaining Semantic Web tasks by storing, Web, exchanging, combining, annotating, comparing and rendering proofs fragments provided by engines embedded in Semantic Web applications. Inference Web.
- Semantic OpenSHORE.org www
Semantic Hypertext Object Repository. OpenSHORE.org. A repository with a free definable meta model where structured documents can be imported after parsing and transforming into XML. OpenSHORE.org.
- Even Building a Semantic Web Site www
Even though the Semantic Web may yet seem a remote dream, Semantic Web Site, there are already tools one can use to make a tiny step forward by building "semantic web sites," which can be much easier to navigate than ordinary sites. Building a Semantic Web Site.
- People Semantic Web Research Group www
People from the Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab working on the Semantic Web. Semantic Web Research Group.
- Survey Practical Knowledge Representation for the Web www
Survey and analysis of traditional, Knowledge Representation for the Web, new, and arising Web standards and how they can be used to represent machine-processable semantics of Web sources. Practical Knowledge Representation for the Web.
- A Semantic Focus www
A blog and community about the Semantic Web, Focus, Natural Language Processing, Information Retrieval, and related topics. Semantic Focus.
- An Ontology Online www
- Daily Big Fractal Tangle www
Daily reflections on the ongoing evolution of the Semantic Web. Big Fractal Tangle.
- A SSWAP www
A semantic search engine for biological knowledge by the University of Arizona. SSWAP.
- A cwm www
A general purpose data processor written in Python. cwm. Core language is RDF, extended to include rules, using RDF/XML or RDF/N3 serializations as required. cwm.
- News SemanticWeb.com www
News and analysis related to the Semantic Web. SemanticWeb.com. Focus on the transition from academia to mainstream consumer, business and government use. SemanticWeb.com.
- Offers Linked Data Tools www
Offers Semantic Web tools for download, Data Tools, including: Jena .NET, RDF Buddy and Triple Machine. Linked Data Tools.
- A Gnowsis www
A framework for a personal semantic desktop system. Gnowsis.
- A Faviki www
A social bookmarking tool which allows people to tag webpages with Wikipedia terms. Faviki.
- RuleML-2010 RuleML 2010: 4th International Web Rule Symposium www
RuleML-2010 was co-located with the 13th International Business Rules Forum, 2010: 4th International Web Rule Symposium, the premier industry conference on business rules. RuleML 2010: 4th International Web Rule Symposium.
- Volume CEUR Workshop Proceedings www
Volume collection of workshops on Semantic Web. CEUR Workshop Proceedings.
- An MetaMap www
An annotated Scalable Vector Graphic showing metadata standards, MetaMap, sets, and initiatives. MetaMap.
- Detailed University of Queensland: An Introduction to Metadata www
Detailed explanation of metadata, Queensland: An Introduction to Metadata, schema and elements, in a FAQ format. Includes related links. University of Queensland: An Introduction to Metadata.
- Article Action Theory Contraction and Minimal Change www
Article by Ivan José Varzinczak, Theory Contraction and Minimal Change, postdoc researcher in artificial intelligence at universities in France and South Africa, building on Propositional Dynamic Logic. Action Theory Contraction and Minimal Change.
- Charitable KR, Inc. www
Charitable organization concerned with fostering research and communication on knowledge representation and reasoning. Inc.. Features conferences, educational materials and mailing lists. KR, Inc..
- Alexa: Semantic Web Knowledge Representation
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Semantic Web Knowledge Representation
- DMOZ: Semantic Web Knowledge Representation
dmoz.org Directory: Semantic Web Knowledge Representation