Included are: professional resources for librarians, i.e., resources which assist librarians in carrying out their duties; resources for librarians' personal professional development; and resources related to the academic discipline of library and information studies. Library and Information Science Libraries Reference.
In spite of various trends to merge the two fields, some consider the two original disciplines, library science and information science, to be separate. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Library and information science or as "library and information studies" is a merging of library science and information science. The joint term is associated with schools of library and information science. In the last part of the 1960s, schools of librarianship, which generally developed from professional training programs to university institutions during the second half of the 20th century, began to add the term "information science" to their names. The first school to do this was at the University of Pittsburgh in 1964. More schools followed during the 1970s and 1980s, and by the 1990s almost all library schools in the USA had added information science to their names.
- Archival science - Archival science, or archival studies, is the study and theory of building and curating archives, which are collections of recordings and data storage devices.
- Authority control - In library science, authority control is a process that organizes bibliographic information, for example in library catalogs by using a single, distinct spelling of a name or a numeric identifier for each topic.
- Bibliography - Bibliography, as a discipline, is traditionally the academic study of books as physical, cultural objects; in this sense, it is also known as bibliology.
- Digital Asset Management (DAM).
- Documentation science - Documentation science, or documentation studies, is the study of the and retrieval of information. Documentation science gradually developed into the broader field of information science.
- Education for librarianship - Education for librarianship is the term for the educational preparation for professional librarians. This varies widely in different countries. In the United States and Canada, it generally consists of a master's degree program in library science.
- Library science education
- Information science
- Archived Library Juice www
Archived e-zine for librarians, Juice, library and information science students which included discussions, commentary, announcements, humor, web links and news affecting the library world. Library Juice.
- Information Planning and Building Libraries www
Information and resources for architects, and Building Libraries, librarians, design consultants, and students interested in planning and building libraries. Planning and Building Libraries.
- Discussion Emerald for Librarians www
Discussion and information forum for librarianship and information management. Emerald for Librarians.
- A Libraries FAQ www
A collection of basic information regarding libraries and librarianship, FAQ, and an introductory guide to library resources on the Internet. Libraries FAQ.
- A Library Underground www
A guide to alternative library culture on the Web. Library Underground.
- Contributes Public Library Networking Focus www
Contributes to strategic, Library Networking Focus, policy-making, awareness raising and development activities in public library networking and lifelong learning. Has projects, resources, publications, and presentations. Public Library Networking Focus.
- Offers Library and Information Studies Resources www
Offers overview of library and information studies resources on the Internet with lists of electronic journals and newsletters, and Information Studies Resources, and electronic texts, subject guides, and links. Library and Information Studies Resources.
- Hosts Libr.org www
Hosts a variety of library and library science related sites. Libr.org.
- A Information Today, Inc. - Computers in Libraries Magazine www
A monthly magazine that provides coverage of the news and issues in the field of library information technology. Today, Inc. - Computers in Libraries Magazine. Focuses on the practical application of technology in community, school, academic, and special libraries. Information Today, Inc. - Computers in Libraries Magazine.
- Glossary ODLIS: Online Dictionary of Library and Information Science www
Glossary of library terminology designed as a reference resource for library and information science professionals, Online Dictionary of Library and Information Science, university, library and general readers. ODLIS: Online Dictionary of Library and Information Science.
- Lets Goodreads www
Lets users track and rate books and network with other readers. Goodreads.
- A LISWiki www
A free and open library and information science encyclopedia. LISWiki. Built using the Wiki software, meaning that anyone can contribute. LISWiki.
- Resources LibrarySupportStaff.com www
Resources and links for paraprofessionals working in libraries. LibrarySupportStaff.com.
- Covers Infolibrarian.com www
Covers list of forthcoming training programs, Infolibrarian.com, workshops, conferences, and seminars. Provides a variety of useful resources for library professionals. Infolibrarian.com.
- Jessamyn Information Today, Inc: The Librarian Is In and Online www
Jessamyn West reviews the current state of librarianship. Information Today, Inc: The Librarian Is In and Online.
- Describes Standards for Archival Description: A Handbook www
Describes technical standards, for Archival Description: A Handbook, conventions, and guidelines used by archivists in describing holdings and repositories. Standards for Archival Description: A Handbook.
- A Repositories of Primary Sources www
A listing of thousands of websites describing holdings of manuscripts, Primary Sources, archives, rare books, historical photographs, and other primary sources for the research scholar. Maintained by Terry Abraham at the University of Idaho. Repositories of Primary Sources.
- An Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP) www
An international association of owners of information businesses. Independent Information Professionals (AIIP). Includes information on conferences and events as well as a code of ethics. Association of Independent Information Professionals (AIIP).
- An Counting Online Usage of Networked Electronic Resources (COUNTER) www
An international initiative designed to serve librarians, Online Usage of Networked Electronic Resources (COUNTER), publishers and intermediaries by facilitating the recording and exchange of online usage statistics. Counting Online Usage of Networked Electronic Resources (COUNTER).
- A NEWLIB-L www
A discussion list for new librarians who wish to share experiences and discuss ideas, NEWLIB-L, issues, and trends. NEWLIB-L.
- Discussion Web4Lib www
Discussion of issues relating to the creation and management of library-based Web servers and clients. Web4Lib. Includes subscription information and a searchable archive. Web4Lib.
- Provides Events and Conferences www
Provides a list of conferences that OCLC will be exhibiting some of their services. Events and Conferences.
- Featuring Information Today Conferences www
Featuring the Computers in Libraries and Internet Librarian meetings. Information Today Conferences.
- Mezinárodní INFORUM www
Mezinárodní konference o profesionálních informačních zdrojích. INFORUM.
- Blog Nová média 2007 www
Blog jako prostředek komunikace v nových médiích. Nová média 2007.
- Kulturministeriet Biblioteksstyrelsen www
Kulturministeriet sagkyndige organ for det offentlige biblioteksvæsen. Biblioteksstyrelsen.
- Leverer Dansk BiblioteksCenter www
Leverer informationsservice til de danske biblioteker. Dansk BiblioteksCenter.
- Postings Libraries, Information and Society www
Postings and information from this international, Information and Society, holist and free Internet discussion forum to promote the commons and openness values of public information, and knowledge. Libraries, Information and Society.
- List Stump the Librarian www
List of correctly answered questions by reference librarians at Central Michigan University that were submitted as part of contest. Stump the Librarian.
- Alexa: Library and Information Science Libraries
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Library and Information Science Libraries
- DMOZ: Library and Information Science Libraries
dmoz.org Directory: Library and Information Science Libraries