This section is for the web sites of libraries whose collections specialize in the social sciences. Social Sciences Subject Specific Libraries Reference.
Social science is a major category of academic disciplines, concerned with society and the relationships among individuals within a society. (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: Social science is a major category of academic disciplines, concerned with society and the relationships among individuals within a society. Social science as a whole has many branches, each of which is considered a social science. The social sciences include, but are not limited to: anthropology, archaeology, economics, history, human geography, jurisprudence, linguistics, political science, psychology, public health, and sociology. The term is also sometimes used to refer specifically to the field of sociology, the original "science of society", established in the 19th century. For a more detailed list of sub-disciplines within the social sciences see: Outline of social science.
- Scientific disciplines
- Social sciences
- Academic disciplines
- The School of Government Library www
The School of Government at UNC-Chapel Hill specializes in North Carolina law and training for public administrators and elected officials. Government Library. Includes information on hours and services. School of Government Library.
- A The Genealogical Research Library www
A national library database for genealogical research in Canada and for worldwide antique maps. The Genealogical Research Library.
- Gay, Gerber Hart Library www
Gay, Hart Library, lesbian and bisexual issues library, archives and resource center, offering a wide range of cultural and educational programs aimed at the goal of dispelling homophobia through knowledge. Gerber Hart Library.
- General New School University Fogelman Library www
General social sciences and humanities library, School University Fogelman Library, with web guides and other resources in a variety of subjects. New School University Fogelman Library.
- Gathers SID - Service d'Ingénierie Documentaire, Institut des Sciences de l'Homme www
Gathers collections in social sciences from the Institute and its units of research members. Service d'Ingénierie Documentaire, Institut des Sciences de l'Homme. Includes Online catalogue, online journals, subject guides and a directory of databases in Social Sciences and Humanities. SID - Service d'Ingénierie Documentaire, Institut des Sciences de l'Homme.
- Access Yale University Social Science Libraries and Information Services www
Access to subject guides and government documents in social sciences as well as to the anthropology and statistics libraries and to the Economic Growth Center, University Social Science Libraries and Information Services, School of Management, and Social Science Data Archive collections. Yale University Social Science Libraries and Information Services.
- Overviews UIUC Education and Social Science Library www
Overviews of special and general collections, Education and Social Science Library, tools for information resources, and subject guides for anthropology, education, political science, psychology, social work, sociology, and speech communication. UIUC Education and Social Science Library.
- Internet Columbia University Lehman Social Sciences Library www
Internet guides to resources by school and by topic, University Lehman Social Sciences Library, including foreign and international studies, and public affairs. With information on library collections, electronic journals, and related departments. Columbia University Lehman Social Sciences Library.
- Information Southern California Library for Social Studies and Research www
Information about policies, California Library for Social Studies and Research, collections, and membership, with indexes to major collections archiving Los Angeles history and culture. Southern California Library for Social Studies and Research.
- A California Cooperative Latin American Collection Development Group (CALAFIA) www
A consortium of primarily academic California libraries, Cooperative Latin American Collection Development Group (CALAFIA), designed to bring together disparate collections in Latin American Studies. California Cooperative Latin American Collection Development Group (CALAFIA).
- Focuses Tulane University Latin American Library www
Focuses on archaeology, University Latin American Library, anthropology, history, linguistics, art, architecture, film, women's studies, and economics of Middle America, with limited digitized images from the collection, indexes to other images not available online, and textual print and electronic resources. Tulane University Latin American Library.
- Access Library of the London School of Economics and Political Science www
Access to the online catalog, the London School of Economics and Political Science, news, other library pages, and Internet resources. Library of the London School of Economics and Political Science.
- Resources Thomas J. Long Business & Economics Library www
Resources and information. Thomas J. Long Business & Economics Library.
- Special Cornell University John Henrik Clarke Africana Library www
Special collection focusing on the history and culture of people of African ancestry, University John Henrik Clarke Africana Library, with digital books and journals, and other print and electronic resources. Cornell University John Henrik Clarke Africana Library.
- Specialized University of California at Berkeley Ethnic Studies Library www
Specialized collections for Asian American, California at Berkeley Ethnic Studies Library, Chicano, and Native American ethnic studies. University of California at Berkeley Ethnic Studies Library.
- A James C. Hormel Gay and Lesbian Center www
A research center of the San Francisco Public Library devoted to the documentation of lesbian and gay history and culture by collecting, Hormel Gay and Lesbian Center, preserving and providing access to material on all aspects of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgendered experience. Includes notices and photographs of exhibits, bibliographies, subject headings, and related links. James C. Hormel Gay and Lesbian Center.
- Houses ONE Institute and Archives www
Houses the world's largest research library on Gay, Institute and Archives, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgendered heritage and concerns. Descriptions of materials, membership information, and driving directions. ONE Institute and Archives.
- Non Holt Labor Library www
Non profit labor and radical history library located in San Francisco. Labor Library. The collection includes labor and socialist books, pamphlets, periodicals, and video tapes. Includes a link to the library catalog. Holt Labor Library.
- Reading Civic Media Center www
Reading room and library for alternative and non-corporate press, Media Center, as well as a community activism center in north Florida (Gainesville). Civic Media Center.
- Online LSU Library and Information Science Library www
Online resources for children's librarianship, Library and Information Science Library, professional development, course reserves and distance education, and information about the collections and services available in the library. LSU Library and Information Science Library.
- Selected, UIUC Library and Information Science Library www
Selected, Library and Information Science Library, new, and general Internet resources of interest to librarians, information specialists, and students. With library information and services for distance learning students. UIUC Library and Information Science Library.
- Supporting World Health Organization Library www
Supporting the work of the World Health Organization and providing access to its collections on international public health and development as well as historical collections. World Health Organization Library.
- Largest Bernice Bienenstock Furniture Library www
Largest collection of books on furniture, Bienenstock Furniture Library, home furnishings styles and interior design in the world. Over 8,000 volumes dating from 1600. Bernice Bienenstock Furniture Library.
- Alexa: Social Sciences Subject Specific
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Social Sciences Subject Specific
- DMOZ: Social Sciences Subject Specific
dmoz.org Directory: Social Sciences Subject Specific