This section lists museums having a religious theme. Religious Cultural Museums Reference.
Religion is a cultural system of behaviors and practices, world views, sacred texts, holy places, ethics, and societal organisation that relate humanity to what an anthropologist has called "an order of existence ". (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: There is no scholarly consensus over what precisely constitutes a religion. It may be defined as a cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, world views, texts, sanctified places, prophesies, ethics, or organizations, that relate humanity to the supernatural, transcendental, or spiritual.
- Religion Category
- Cosmogony - Cosmogony is any model concerning the origin of either the cosmos or universe. Developing a complete theoretical model has implications in both the philosophy of science and epistemology.
- Index of religion-related articles - If you click on "Related changes" at the side of this page, you will see a list of the most recent changes in articles to which this page links. This page links to itself so that changes to them can be tracked by the same means.
- Life stance - A person's life stance, or lifestance, is their relation with what they accept as being of ultimate importance. It involves the presuppositions and theories upon which such a stance could be made, a belief system, and a commitment to potentially working it out in one's life.
- Nontheistic religions - Nontheistic religions are traditions of thought within religions?some otherwise aligned with theism, others not?in which nontheism informs religious beliefs or practices.
- Outline of religion - Religion ? organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence. Many religions have narratives, symbols, and sacred histories that are intended to explain the meaning of life and/or to explain the origin of life or the Universe.
- Parody religions - A parody religion or mock religion is a belief system that challenges spiritual convictions of others, often through humor, satire, or burlesque.
- Christus Vatican Museums www
Christus Rex presents over 5, Museums,000 images of religious works of art preserved in churches, cathedrals and monasteries all over the world. Vatican Museums.
- Originally Kosanji Temple Museum www
Originally founded by the Buddhist priest Koso Kosanji in memory of his mother in 1936. Temple Museum. Museum exhibits the history of the temple, as well as art collected by the priest. Kosanji Temple Museum.
- Features The Angel Museum www
Features over 6, Angel Museum,000 of The Berg Angel Collection and the Black Angel Collection donated by Oprah Winfrey. Includes history of facility, photos, hours and directions. Located in a former church in Beloit, Wisconsin. The Angel Museum.
- Includes Museum of Contemporary Religious Art www
Includes information about the museum, Contemporary Religious Art, featured and past presentations, hours of operation, and contact information. Museum of Contemporary Religious Art.
- Previews Museum of Church History and Art www
Previews of current exhibits, Church History and Art, archive of previous exhibits, and information about upcoming exhibits. Located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Museum of Church History and Art.
- Dedicated Basilian Fathers Museum www
Dedicated to Ukrainian cultural and religious heritage. Fathers Museum. Features collection of old liturgical books, documents, chalices, crucifixes, church furnishings, vestments and icons, folk art and gift shop. Includes hours, school programs, free admission and location. Located in Mundare, Alberta. Basilian Fathers Museum.
- Features Living Bible Museum www
Features life-sized dioramas of Old and New Testament stories, Bible Museum, a collection of rare Bibles, woodcarvings and American votive folk art. Includes a visitor's guide, newsletters, maps and directions to the location in Mansfield, Ohio, United States. Living Bible Museum.
- Exhibits Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem www
Exhibits Biblical history through ancient Near Eastern art, Lands Museum Jerusalem, from early civilization through the early Christian era. Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem.
- Features Menno-Hof Mennonite Anabaptist Interpretive Center www
Features multi-image presentations and historical exhibits of Mennonite and Amish life and culture. Mennonite Anabaptist Interpretive Center. Located in Shipshewana, Indiana. Menno-Hof Mennonite Anabaptist Interpretive Center.
- Its Saint John Jewish Museum www
Its primary role is to collect, John Jewish Museum, preserve and display the history of the Jewish community in this town of the New Brunswick, Canada. Saint John Jewish Museum.
- Offers Jewish Museum Berlin www
Offers a variety of permanent and temporary exhibitions and special centers to make some research. Museum Berlin. Germany. [Multilingual.] Jewish Museum Berlin.
- Features Father McDyer's Folk Village www
Features a cluster of six small cottages that recreate a different era of Irish history - from the 17th, McDyer's Folk Village, 18th, and 19th centuries. Includes details of the furnishings, a craft shop and tea room, and directions to the location in Glencolmcille, County Donegal, Ireland. Father McDyer's Folk Village.
- Features Museum of Northern British Columbia www
Features displays of Northwest Coast human and natural history from the end of the last ice age to the 20th Century. Northern British Columbia. Includes details of exhibits, programs, fees, hours, memberships and directions. Located in Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada. Museum of Northern British Columbia.
- Alexa: Religious Cultural
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Religious Cultural
- DMOZ: Religious Cultural
dmoz.org Directory: Religious Cultural