This section lists museums having a religious theme. Religious Cultural Museums Reference.
Religion is a cultural system of behaviors and practices, world views, sacred texts, holy places, ethics, and societal organisation that relate humanity to what an anthropologist has called "an order of existence ". (wikipedia)
- Wikipedia: There is no scholarly consensus over what precisely constitutes a religion. It may be defined as a cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, world views, texts, sanctified places, prophesies, ethics, or organizations, that relate humanity to the supernatural, transcendental, or spiritual.
- Religion Category
- Cosmogony - Cosmogony is any model concerning the origin of either the cosmos or universe. Developing a complete theoretical model has implications in both the philosophy of science and epistemology.
- Index of religion-related articles - If you click on "Related changes" at the side of this page, you will see a list of the most recent changes in articles to which this page links. This page links to itself so that changes to them can be tracked by the same means.
- Life stance - A person's life stance, or lifestance, is their relation with what they accept as being of ultimate importance. It involves the presuppositions and theories upon which such a stance could be made, a belief system, and a commitment to potentially working it out in one's life.
- Nontheistic religions - Nontheistic religions are traditions of thought within religions?some otherwise aligned with theism, others not?in which nontheism informs religious beliefs or practices.
- Outline of religion - Religion ? organized collection of beliefs, cultural systems, and world views that relate humanity to an order of existence. Many religions have narratives, symbols, and sacred histories that are intended to explain the meaning of life and/or to explain the origin of life or the Universe.
- Parody religions - A parody religion or mock religion is a belief system that challenges spiritual convictions of others, often through humor, satire, or burlesque.
- Christus Vatican Museums www
Christus Rex presents over 5, Museums,000 images of religious works of art preserved in churches, cathedrals and monasteries all over the world. Vatican Museums.
- Previews Museum of Church History and Art www
Previews of current exhibits, Church History and Art, archive of previous exhibits, and information about upcoming exhibits. Located in Salt Lake City, Utah. Museum of Church History and Art.
- Originally Kosanji Temple Museum www
Originally founded by the Buddhist priest Koso Kosanji in memory of his mother in 1936. Temple Museum. Museum exhibits the history of the temple, as well as art collected by the priest. Kosanji Temple Museum.
- Features The Angel Museum www
Features over 6, Angel Museum,000 of The Berg Angel Collection and the Black Angel Collection donated by Oprah Winfrey. Includes history of facility, photos, hours and directions. Located in a former church in Beloit, Wisconsin. The Angel Museum.
- Features Menno-Hof Mennonite Anabaptist Interpretive Center www
Features multi-image presentations and historical exhibits of Mennonite and Amish life and culture. Mennonite Anabaptist Interpretive Center. Located in Shipshewana, Indiana. Menno-Hof Mennonite Anabaptist Interpretive Center.
- Features Living Bible Museum www
Features life-sized dioramas of Old and New Testament stories, Bible Museum, a collection of rare Bibles, woodcarvings and American votive folk art. Includes a visitor's guide, newsletters, maps and directions to the location in Mansfield, Ohio, United States. Living Bible Museum.
- Includes Museum of Contemporary Religious Art www
Includes information about the museum, Contemporary Religious Art, featured and past presentations, hours of operation, and contact information. Museum of Contemporary Religious Art.
- Exhibits Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem www
Exhibits Biblical history through ancient Near Eastern art, Lands Museum Jerusalem, from early civilization through the early Christian era. Bible Lands Museum Jerusalem.
- Dedicated Basilian Fathers Museum www
Dedicated to Ukrainian cultural and religious heritage. Fathers Museum. Features collection of old liturgical books, documents, chalices, crucifixes, church furnishings, vestments and icons, folk art and gift shop. Includes hours, school programs, free admission and location. Located in Mundare, Alberta. Basilian Fathers Museum.
- A Jewish Children's Museum www
A virtual tour, Children's Museum, games and a webcam. Brooklyn, New York, USA. Jewish Children's Museum.
- This Jewish museum of Munich www
This museum has a permanent exhibition which highlights Jewish festival and temporary exhibitions. museum of Munich. Germany. [English and German.] Jewish museum of Munich.
- Reflects The Museum of English Rural Life www
Reflects and records the changing face of farming and the countryside through collections of objects, Museum of English Rural Life, archives, photographs, film and books. Includes details and a map to the location in Reading, UK. The Museum of English Rural Life.
- Exhibits Lyman Museum www
Exhibits the cultural and natural history of Hawaii. Museum. Located in Hilo. Lyman Museum.
- Alexa: Religious Cultural
Alexa Directory Top Sites: Religious Cultural
- DMOZ: Religious Cultural
dmoz.org Directory: Religious Cultural